College of Sciences | University of Diyala
Department of Biotechnology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
VISION, MISSION AND GOALS
Students are our goal
The Vision Statement for the Department of Biotechnology is:
Biotechnology have had a major impacts on society and their impacts is growing. Biotechnology improves the quality of daily life and increases our readiness to face the challenges of the future in many area. To meet these challenges, the department runs unified programs of education and research for students which enabled them to accommodate the market and the society.
- Tackling and adapting to climate change and environmental pollution.
- Find a solutions to face rising populations and the consequent pressure on food, water and other natural resources.
- Dealing with human diseases such as pandemic influenza and animal diseases.
- Find new natural products as an alternative approaches to tackling antibiotic resistance.
The mission of the Department of Biotechnology is to maximize the benefits of biotechnology to the community of Diyala Province by being an excellent quality, comprehensive, multidisciplinary department that supports and coordinates with other Governmental Departments in the city.
- To improve the students intellectual, personal, and professional skills to be successful in their careers.
- To develop excellent research tools and capabilities through our resource facilities.
- To catalyze the formation of and participate in cross-disciplinary research programs with industry and agriculture that use our research facilities to solve practical problems of Diyala Province.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of biotechnology and its impacts.
- To provide training activities for students and visiting researchers in biotechnology.
- To become a resource for biotechnology information and education.
- To aid other units in UOD in obtaining support for biotechnology service and research.